Program ID Card
WHY IS A SUMMER CITIZEN ID CARD REQUIRED?
The Summer Citizens Program is a self-support program. The revenue collected from ID Card sales is re-distributed throughout campus departments to compensate for services provided to card holders during the summer months. A small portion of this revenue supports administrative costs of the program. Without the funds from this ID Card the Summer Citizens Program would cease to operate. As such, we are interdependent and rely on the program registrants who are actively engaged not only by purchasing the ID Card and enrolling in amazing classes at USU, but also involved in all the wonderful opportunities this picturesque hometown environment offers summer residents.
THE ID CARD AND SUMMER HOUSING?
Housing properties are contracted as sponsors of the program to provide affordable and comfortable lodging opportunities to registrants of the Summer Citizens Program. All sponsor housing properties include the ID card in the lease/rental agreement as they sponsor and support the Summer Citizens Program.
ID CARD AND PERFORMING ARTS/FREE EVENTS.
Local businesses and community events heavily rely on the support of Summer Citizens Program registrants. Through our partnership, the community is able to provide professional high quality musical theatre, opera, local fairs, daily free concerts and more. Your support of purchasing the ID Card has a direct correlation to the success and future of the amazing entertainment and community events.
ID CARD/DISCOUNT COUPON BOOK
Sponsors of the Summer Citizens Program advertise and offer discounts in the Summer Citizen Coupon Book. These discounts to recreation, health care providers, restaurants, grocery stores and numerous other merchants are a benefit to each program registrant as well as to our sponsors. It's a great way to keep our community growing and to help you participate in our community recreational opportunities, make medical appointments, shop, dine-out, attend events and explore our community.
FREE – offered only to program participants
- T-shirt with Registration
- T-shirt Tuesday Sponsor Discounts
- Coupon Book offering Sponsor Discounts
- Welcome Packet with Local Sponsor Discounts
- Welcome Orientation & Merchant Fair
- Mid-Summer Orientation & Merchant Fair
- Closing Social Luncheon & Talent Show
- Ice Cream Social with the Logan City Mayor
- Guest Lectures—Sunday Under the Trees
- Email Updates Through the Summer
- Email List of Weekly Events from the Cache Valley Visitors Bureau (CVVB)
- Annual Open House with Housing Sponsors
- USU Parking Pass for Select Lots
- USU Computer Lab Access
- USU IT Help Desk Assistance
- USU Library Access
- USU Campus Tours
- Health Classes offered by Bear River Health Department
- Connection to Special Interest Groups—Hiking, Pickleball, Golf, Tennis, etc.
Options Available for an Additional Fee – offered only to program participants
- Wide Variety of Educational Courses & Fitness Classes Offered Throughout the Summer
- Guided Travel Adventure Tours
- USU Campus Recreation Passes to Health Physical Education & Recreation Building (HPER) and/or Aggie Recreation Center (ARC) (Summer-long/monthly/daily rates available.)
- USU Personal Training Program & Fitness Classes
- USU Outdoor Programs—Canoe Trips, etc.
- USU Aggie Express Plan & Block Meal Plans (Your ID Card can be used as a pre-loaded debit card which provides a 10% discount at USU dining locations and the Campus Store.)